Attend GEAPS Exchange Like a Pro
Your guide to making your time at Exchange as productive and stress-free as possible.
Understand Your Registration Package
Registration opens mid-October 2020.
Full ConferenceYour All-Access Pass to Exchange
- GEAPS Exchange Expo – Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (includes lunch)
- GEAPS Exchange Educational Program, including Idea Exchange, Opening and Closing Workshops, and all Concurrent Education Sessions
- GEAPS Exchange Social Events, including Get-Acquainted Party, and President’s Banquet
- GEAPS members receive discounted pricing! Learn more.
Expo + One Day EducationExpo Access Everyday, One Day of Education
- GEAPS Exchange Expo – Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (includes lunch)
- GEAPS Exchange Educational Program for one day only – must choose Sunday, Monday or Tuesday
- GEAPS members receive discounted pricing! Learn more.
Expo OnlyYour Choice of 1, 2, or 3 Days in the Expo Hall
- GEAPS Exchange Expo – Sunday, Monday or Tuesday (includes lunch)
- GEAPS members receive free passes to the Expo Hall! Learn more.
Don’t miss out on the fun!
Social events are a great way to meet new people from across the grain industry and can be added to any registration package as an upgrade. You can add a social event to your current registration package. Simply head over to the registration page and enter the email address you used on your initial registration. Feel free to give us a call at (763) 999-4300 if you need any assistance.
Interested in bringing a plus one?
Companions are welcome! If your significant other is attending the Exchange they can take in the sights of Columbus through the companion program, put together by the Columbus Host Advisory Council. Exchange Social Events, such as the Get-Acquainted Party and the President’s Reception and Banquet, are also included in all companion full registrations or can be added to any companion basic registration. You can add a companion to your current registration package. Simply head over to the registration page and enter the email address you used on your initial registration. Feel free to give us a call at (763) 999-4300 if you need any assistance.
Plan Your Arrival
We suggest you arrive on Saturday, February 20, 2020 if:
- This is your first time at Exchange
- You’re an international attendee
- You selected the Full Conference registration package
- You selected the Expo+ One-Day Education package and selected Sunday as your day of education
- You added the Get-Acquainted Party to your registration as an upgrade
The Columbus Mixer exclusive VIP event for first time and international attendees begins at 5:30 p.m, and the Get-Acquainted Party begins at 7 p.m.
For all other registration packages we recommend arriving the day before you plan to attend the conference so you’re able to get the most out of your day at Exchange.
Build Your Schedule
There are nearly 40 hours of education at Exchange and lots of great networking events. To be sure you don’t miss anything while at the Exchange, build your schedule in advance using the online schedule or the Exchange Mobile App.
How to create your schedule:
- To save sessions or events from the online schedule, click the event and then click the Calendar or GoogleCal to add it to your personal calendar.
- To save sessions or events in the mobile app, you can click the “star” icon for each session, event or exhibitor you are interested in and can see your customized schedule by going to My Sessions.
See something you need to attend that isn’t in your registration package?
You can add upgrades to your current registration package, or upgrade to a registration package that better meets your needs. Simply head over to the registration page and enter the email address you used on your initial registration. Feel free to give us a call at (763) 999-4300 if you need any assistance.
Plan the exhibitors you want to connect with and which Expo Pod sessions you’ll attend.
Build your skills during Exchange by attending one, or all, of the education sessions.
These popular events make the Exchange a great place to build your professional network!
Preparing For On-Site
Here are the last details you’ll need when preparing to travel, and during your time at Exchange.
You will need to pick up your badge at the Registration Center in the convention center. Having your registration information will expedite the process, especially if you have your registration barcode. Pre-registered attendees will have a separate line for picking up their badges.
Make sure you wear your name badge every day. A name badge is required for entry to any/all Exchange events and programs.
Need something to drink? Or a quick snack? For most of your needs, Exchange events will take care of you. Numerous refreshment breaks will be available throughout the conference. You’ll also get lunch in the Expo Hall on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday compliments of sponsoring companies.
Exhibitor Prize Drawings
As you meet with exhibitors throughout the conference, you will have several opportunities to enter your name into prize drawings at booths. Winners of exhibitor-sponsored prize drawings are announced from 1:30-1:45 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon. Listen for your name to see if you won a prize!
Food/Social Event Tickets
Tickets are required for many of the social functions. Tickets are not exchangeable or refundable. For entry into the Expo, educational sessions and ticketed social events, you must wear your name badge. If you purchased a one-day registration, you are entitled to enter events for that day only.
GEAPS Staff will be visible by their GEAPS shirts during the conference and you can always find someone at the Registration Center in the Convention Center lobby or the GEAPS Booth just inside the main entrance of the Expo Hall. If you have a question about the conference, or GEAPS in general, go ahead and ask. We want to help you!
If you have a question in advance of the conference, feel free to send an email or give us a call at (763) 999-4300.
The Exchange Mobile App includes all the in-depth info you need to plan your schedule, learn about education sessions and mark books you want to visit. The app includes:
- Ability to mark booths you don’t want to miss on the interactive floorplan
- See special offers from exhibitors with enhanced exhibitor listings
- Read descriptions of every education session
- Details, locations and times for networking events
- Save events you don’t want to miss on the complete Exchange schedule
- Scan QR codes around the Expo Hall for a chance to win prizes
Packing For Exchange
Chargers: There are a variety of sponsored charging stations throughout the convention center, including charging tables within the GEAPS Booth on the tradeshow floor. Bring your charger so you can keep your phone charged.
Comfortable shoes: With an expo hall bigger than five football fields, you will spend quite a bit of time on your feet. This is not the time to break in new shoes. Bring your favorite standbys so you stay comfortable all week.
Tablet or Smartphone: The Exchange Mobile App is a great tool to help you make the most out of your time at Exchange. Whether you are using the interactive floor plan to connect with suppliers, taking notes on conversations with exhibitors or using the app to complete speaker evaluations, a mobile device with a big screen will be really helpful. The app is available on Android and Apple devices, just search for GEAPS in your app store. Don’t worry about the mobile app using up your data plan. Wireless internet will be complimentary to all attendees within the convention center.
Traveling to Minneapolis
Whether you are flying or driving to get to Minneapolis, everything you need to know about traveling to Minneapolis can be found on our Transportation and Parking page.